[ZWeb] V3 Updated

Tonico Strasser contact_tonico at yahoo.de
Thu Mar 23 07:06:36 EST 2006

Hi,

here some feedback including personal opinion:

- On my System (ubuntu dapper) there is neither Arial nor Helvetica
   available in Firefox, thus the fonts look ugly (see screenshot[1]).

   Could you please add sans-serif at the end of the font list, or
   insert "Bitstream Vera Sans" for GNOME users?

- The Zope logo is sized to 149 * 60 px while the real image size is
   150 * 60 px. This causes a little distortion in the Z of the logo
   (see screenshot[1]).

- The label of the form fields shouldn't be in the value of the inputs.
   This is bad bad practice IMHO.

- I think fly out menus on Web pages just don't Feel Good (not to
   mention the debatable usability problems they might introduce[2]).

- I'm not sure what the the leaves in the header want to communicate.
   If they are just decoration they should be replaced by something more
   abstract, I think.

[1] Screenshot:
<https://webproducer.at/z3/tmp/modscape-z3-mockup-v3.png>

[2] Article about "Usability and Fly-Out Menus":
<http://www.7nights.com/asterisk/archive/2004/03/usability-and-flyout-menus>

Thanks for the work!

Tonico