[ZWeb] Re: cut over ?

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Sun Oct 22 01:01:49 EDT 2006

My 2 cents on the ZWiki configuration:

  - show subtopics?

Showing all the subtopics makes the home page rather overwhelming. I
would be tempted to show the entire tree under a link labelled 'site
map' and maybe just show one level of subtopics. Even at one level it
would be nice to have a collapse/expand option, since comments are
below sub-topics and this can mean the comments can require a fair
bit of scrolling to discover.

- rating stars, on or off?

I like the ratings. The front page currently only has one star - I'm
tempted to vote it up since it's representative of Zope 3, but then
the content is only worth 1 star right now, we really need to write
some better text explaning Zope 3.

- WikiName links?

-1. I find bare wiki links in areas that aren't intended to be wiki
pages distracting (i.e. in code snippets)

- single bracket links?

+1. I prefer lowercase links over StuddlyCaps. I gave Wicked 1.0
(http://plone.org/products/wicked/) a try when it was released
earlier this week and was pretty impressed with it. I like the
((double parentheses)) style of linking.

- Kevin