[ZWeb] Re: cut over ?

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Sun Oct 22 01:31:47 EDT 2006

Thanks Fred, Kevin. A quick comment on subtopics -

> Showing all the subtopics makes the home page rather overwhelming. I

Right now it is, I agree. I'll just note some alternatives:

- sometimes that's just a sign that the hierarchy needs rearranging. For
example those children could be moved up to the top level (leaving
FrontPage with no children).

- on a particular page you can customize the depth of subtopics shown, as
at http://zopewiki.org/ZopeWiki . That can be good on a front page, though
on the down side it's inconsistent and might add confusion.

- if someone out there is motivated to make collapse/expand work, start at
  http://zwiki.org/HowToMakeContentsExpandable

 > would be tempted to show the entire tree under a link labelled 'site
 > map'

That's the contents link.