AW: [ZWeb] Re: [Zope] Zope lists in google

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 8 08:05:11 EST 2008

Sascha Welter wrote:
>> I can't think that mail.zope.org has anything to do with a ZODB or is
>> configured from zope.org
> (Removed the cross posting, dunno what this has to do with zope@)
Sorry, I wasn't aware about this list nor that there were a thread already
here; the person who cross-posted to zope at zope.org, where I originally
posted, didn't mention that.

>Because the person originally asking the question posted there...
>(I'm now CC'ing him in directly...)
Thanks.

>> http://mail.zope.org/robots.txt has:

>> Disallow: /
>>
>> Somebody didn't like the bots to roam the archives?
>
>I have a feeling someone didn't want bots spanking some web-subversion
>front end that's running, but the end result is that we loose all Zope
>code and mailing list archives from Google :-(
Yes, that's really sad. I really don't like gmane searching function :-(
and google is my friend ;-)

>> I think Chris wanted
>> to see the undo history to find out who made that change.
>
>Indeed, yes, brain fart, shouldn't have been looking on www.zope.org...
I guess it doesn't matter who did it. What matters is if it will continue
like that or if somebody in zope.org will repair it.

Best regards,
Josef