[Zope] - Bug

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@Digicool.com
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 09:42:04 -0500

fghoekstra@letmail.let.LeidenUniv.nl wrote:

> I downloaded the Zope source and David Ascher's win32 pyds.
> After installing Python refuses to load cDocumentTemplate (DLL seems
> no good - no further error reports except that it does not work -
> I'll wait for the binary release).
>
> Starting up 'serve.py' reveals a bug DT_Util where the exeption to
> load from cDocumentTemplate is caught and imported from
> pDocumentTemplate. After adding an empty  cDocument class to DT_Util
> I was able to start up the server and connect.

There isn't a bug in DT_Util.  DocumentTemplate does not require
cDocumentTemplate. The Document class in the Zope Framework *does*
require cDocumentTemplate, however.

The problem here is with the pyds. We will be addressing this
with a new Win32 binary release tomorrow.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.