[Zope] - FYI: No Aqueduct for beta2

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 05:47:31 -0500

Sorry, I should have announced this yesterday.  Tomorrow's beta2 won't
include the RDBMS integration from Aqueduct.

We have taken a message that the number of emails means usability is of
prime importance.  Thus, we focused this week on getting things under
control and trying to get some more documentation ready.  Adding the
RDBMS stuff was really just adding more things that could break.

Having the binary kits that include precompiled Zope, precompiled
Python, and precompiled/preconfigured Apache should erase many of the
problem reports.  People can start with these, get it working, then
tackle the source releases if they wish.  Getting out more docs will
hopefully overcome some of the frustration with our initial beta
release.

Look for the Aqueduct stuff very soon, certainly by next Friday's beta3.
If this causes a problem for anyone, please send me an email.

--Paul

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909