[Zope] - PUT method unavailable?

Ronald Offerman ron@bofh-power.gjt-it.nl
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 23:05:43 +0100

> On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Paul Everitt wrote:
>

> > Amos wrote:
> > > Yes it's coming, but it unfortunately did not make the cut for today's
> > > beta. One more week of hell for all your Composer types ;-)
> > > Or, if you're
> > > totally fed up, you can just make the changes yourself right
> > > now, thanks to
> > > Andreas.
> >
> > Don't forget, though, that it works if you are using Apache.
> Yep :) But you are pushing ZopeHTTPServer.py as the newbie tool -> And you
> get pronto complaints that Netscape publishing doesn't work.
>
> (And netscape publishing is important when you try to sell a solution, as
>  customer usually like to do WYSIWYG, etc. *rant*, so many Zope newbies
>  who are evaluating Zope will evaluate this too.)

It doesn't work for me using Apache and Composer 4.5.

And although my preferred HTML editor is very close to Zope editor (I
implemented a form-based editor for some of our sites) I know a lot of users
unable to create/edit pages in anything but Composer, Dreamweaver, FrontPage
etc. etc.

--
<- Ronald Offerman | ron@gjt-it.nl
<- Root Powered Carrot Munchers Ltd. Inc. SA AG BV

"Daddy, why do those people have to use Microsoft Windows?"
"Don't stare, son; it's not polite."
"M$ Windows NT, an accident waiting to happen"
"What goes up, must come down. Ask any system administrator."