[Zope] - Virtual servers

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 23:38:23 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Mike Pelletier wrote:

>     It would please me if Zope was able to treat the hostname portion of a URL
> as another object to be traversed (with a default if no objects seem to match
> the hostname).  Did that make sense?  Basically, I want to publish multiple
> different web sites with different domain names but with a single ZHTTPServer
> and a single point of administration.  Is this something that's already been
> planned, or should I try my hand at it?
Use Apache with mod_rewrite/mod_proxy.

IMHO this is outside of the scope of Zope -> Zope should be website
development tool, not a Webserver.

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by