[Zope] ZServer b1 and Dreamweaver

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 13:43:05 -0700

At 06:13 PM 4/18/99 +0800, Martin Dougiamas wrote:
>ZServer's up and the FTP interface is working using
>Linux ftp, ncftp or Netscape Communicator with ftp://
>
>But Dreamweaver 2.0 (Mac) won't work.   Anyone else had success?

[snip FTP log]

>...and it hangs there.  Any ideas?

Hmm. It doesn't look like Dreamweaver is sending any weird FTP commands.

Unfortunately I don't own Dreamweaver, and my trial copy has expired. I
know that at one point, I had Dreamweaver (under NT) working with ZServer,
so I think the problem is probably not too great. Perhaps you could contact
me privately and we could arrange for some more testing.

In the mean time, answers to these questions might help track down the
problem: Does ZServer raise any exceptions when it hangs? What platform are
you running ZServer on? Can any other Mac-based FTP programs communicate
with ZServer? Can Dreamweaver operate correctly with Medusa's vanilla FTP
program?

>I can hardly wait - Zope & Dreamweaver will be a killer combination!

I think so too.

-Amos