[Zope] changing variables

Wombat Harness the Third wombat_harness@hotmail.com
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:26:03 GMT

something i have found with Zope is that doing complex stuff is
always fairly easy (?) but trying to do easy stuff that any
programming language can do without even thinking seems to be very
hard...

Perhaps someone can help me with this one....

I have a press lounge with a number of press releases in it. Each of
these press documents has a property called 'publishDate' which is in
the date format. I am trying to use ZopeTime (which displays the time
and date) to check this publishDate property and if the two match
print out the content if not, do not. Basically, i need to be able to
assign ZopeTime to a variable and strip off the time part. You can do
this if you print it to the screen with:

<!--#var ZopeTime fmt=Date-->

but how do i assign this to somekind of variable??

Please help as my hair is beginning to go grey and my teeth are
beginning to fall out.....

See ya,

P.