[Zope] Installation question

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 21:59:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Francisco Sam Castillo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to Zope and I just subscribe to the list, I hope this is the right place for this, I have succesfuly installed Zope 2.0.0b1 on Linux RH 6.0 Distribution on my local station, but when I tried to do this on my ISP server which uses the slackware distribution the installation just goes on and finishes, modules get compiled but when I execute the start script, it sends many error regarding importing modules and the server just will not start, has any one expirienced this ? (I guess it has something to do with the slackware distribution because I try it at 3 servers all with it and had the same results and on RH it works). I had so much hopes for this to work on my site but had no luck, I do have installed the Python 1.5.2 as required. Hope some one has the time to help me out, and I thank you in advanced fro any help or advice you can give me to solve this.
Well, it could be that Slackware does use a very old version of the
library, that doesn't support for example threads.

One thing you could try is to compile ZOPE on a RH system static.
(I don't think ZOPE by default supports this, you would need to hack the
 build process.)

Andreas
--
Andreas Kostyrka                     | andreas@mtg.co.at
phone: +43/1/7070750                 | phone: +43/676/4091256