[Zope] Zope and Editors

Hannu Krosing hannu@trust.ee
Tue, 03 Aug 1999 23:23:08 +0300

Paul Everitt wrote:

> Stephan wrote:
> > > Can you edit SQL Methods through FTP yet? Last time I
> > checkd you could
> > > only do Images and DTML Methods/Documents.
> >
> > no, you can't. Just checked. You can only see the "file".
>
> Any suggestions, though, on how to do this?  The only way currently to
> tell what to add via FTP is by the normal "magic" stuff (file
> extensions, investigating the content, etc.
>
> Even worse, how would you edit the arguments list in a SQL method via
> FTP?
>
> We have some pretty good suggestions on how to do this, but first it
> would be interesting to hear other ideas.

I would suggest showing them as file attributes (in Macintosh/OS2/NT
sense)
and to show them to users in a way similar to how Windows NT does it
(at least when presenting the volume shared to Macs on local server)
i.e. have files named

myZSQLmethod_id -- this is the whole method in either of the current
                 "standard" formats RFC822 or XML

and also plaintext files

myZSQLmethod_id$BODY
myZSQLmethod_id$ARGUMENTS
myZSQLmethod_id$TITLE
myZSQLmethod_id$CONNECTION_ID

for separate attributes

saving a file with bad syntax would just give a protection error (as
file systems don't generally know anything better)

Hannu