[Zope] The new DTML syntax

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 08:01:31 +1000 (GMT+1000)

Hi Gang,

Before we go and change the syntax (yet again!)  we should implement (or
help me find it in the code...) a generic render interface.  So,

<dtml-if>		all feed into a renderer based on render.class
<z-if>
<xhtml:mytag>

This would allow you to add renderers without killing previous ones etc.
Also, it would be cool to allow renderers to interact.  For example,

<xhtml:mytag> would be renderered using XML Doc but the contents could be
rendered using DTML.  In other words, you can switch between renderers.
XML would allow custom tags and DTML would be your fav commands.
The other important feature is to have them all at the same precedence
level (ie don't parse all of 1 type and then all of the next type)

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder
Computer Systems Engineering
University of Queensland