[Zope] Zope and Japanese (was [Zope] Confera FAQ?)

Itai Tavor itavor@bigpond.net.au
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:46:18 +1000

>Hi Itai!
>
>This is Brian Hooper at Digital Garage.  I worked on SonicNet Japan
>with Jay.
>
> > I'm about to start work on some Japanese sites. Can you tell me if
> > you ran into any problems mixing Zope and Japanese?
>
>Not really - there are a few small issues with character encoding.
>
>You should use EUC for everything, if possible; Python doesn't work
>properly with Shift-JIS without patching and rebuilding Python (these
>patches are not official, I think someone contributed patches to make
>Python safe with SJIS).
>
>I think depending on your machine and OS environment you may have to add
>a timezone mapping or two to DateTime.py, also.  And in order to send
>out 7-bit JIS mail using MailHost, that has to be patched as well.  If
>you're interested, maybe we could share patches :-) .
>
>--Brian

Thanks, Brian. I don't have any need for mailhost at the moment... if
I'm lucky there would be a patch ready when I do need it :)

--
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itavor@vic.bigpond.net.au       --               - Kermit the Frog --