[Zope] Zope and Japanese (was [Zope] Confera FAQ?)

ÀÌ°ü¼ö kslee@plaza1.snu.ac.kr
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 18:57:01 +0900

As far as check, python's re and regex modules are not hostile to 8-bit. Their manuals say so(or am I misinterpreted English?) And regex.search works fine with Korean(=bit & 2byte) character string. When I saw Zope/lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/Catalog.py, it impoted regex. Not re. Hence I guess the obstacle lay in Zope/lib/python/SearchIndex/*.c files. But this is just guess & I am an C-illiterate. I wish somebody in DG with python-C-source literacy do find out what is going in ZCatalog.

best wishes.

Lee Kwan Soo.