[Zope] access to Netscape Calendar server via LDAP from Zope

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:11:04 -0400 (EDT)

Rob Page writes:
>I just read a _little_ about Netscape Calendar server and it seems like
>Calendar data is stored in Calender server and user data are stored in
>LDAP.

Netscape Calendar is licensed from a Montreal company called CS&T
(www.cst.ca); working for CS&T was my first full-time job).  At the
time it used its own custom protocol, and my impression is that the
SDK was available for $10K.  There's an IETF group working on a
scheduling protocol (http://www.imc.org/ietf-calendar/), and there's
certainly code for this protocol in the Mozilla source tree, but I
don't know for sure whether the Calendar Server now uses the proposed
IETF specs instead of the custom protocol.

Look, they're carrying the corpses away, ho hum.
    -- Opening line of ENIGMA #5: "Lizards and Ghosts"