[Zope] ZOracleDA/DCOracle problem

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:06:58 -0400

> Using the advice recently broadcast by ldl@LDL.HealthPartners.COM
> (sorry ldl, don't know your name) I've got ZOracleDA/DCOracle working
> with Zope2 and Oracle 8.0.5 under RedHat 5.2. Great stuff but .....

But you're not integrated with the transaction manager :-) This would be a
MAJOR problem in a real world situation.  tpc_begin is the start of a
transaction :-)

Before the end of the week we will be releasing a Level 3 DA that includes a
new release of DCOracle as well, one that fixes a bunch of outstanding bugs,
implements better LONG/LONGRAW/LOB support, as well as statement handles,
and works all groovy with the Zope.

Once we shop Zope2, I'm going to try and focus on getting some documentation
for how to write DAs for Zope, and what they have to implement.  It probably
will also include a little skeleton code that you can use.

Chris