[Zope] using ZCatalog to search multiple data containers

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:23:58 -0400

This can be done, but it hasn't been done, so the kinks have not been
worked out.  Basicly, anything in Zope that can be mapped to a URL can
be cataloged, so if your ZSQL queries map to URLs then they can be used.

You would probably find using plugable brains handy here, as the brain
you write can use the CatalogAware class to make your brains catalog
themselves.

Even better, in Zope 2.1, you will be able to select a ZClass for a
plugable brain for both ZSQL methods and Catalogs.

This would make a great howto, if you whip up an example.  If not, I
might have some time in the future to work on it, if i get some
resources allocated to it.

-Michel