[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] PROPOSAL: html_quote implicit in entity-reference var tagsyntaxsyntax

Mauricio mauricio@hiper.com.br
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 22:55:55 -0300

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Mauricio wrote:
> >
> > Evan Simpson wrote:

> > > I had entirely forgotten that syntax.  The only time you would want your
> > > text unquoted (in HTML, anyway) is if you're constructing tags or parts
> > > of tags, in which case <dtml-var> should be a good substitute.
> > >
> > > With this change, I might actually *use* &dtml-name; instead of
> > > forgetting it.
> > Or, we can create a new sintax like:
> > &dtml-name#html_quote;
> > equivalent to:
> > <!--#var name html_quote-->
> >
> > this can be useful to others formations as:
> >
> > &dtml-name#lower;
> > &dtml-name#captalize;
> > etc...
> >
> > Is this insane or a good idea?
>
> I considered this, however, one of the goals of the entity-reference
> syntax was to conform to the SGML/HTML/XML syntax for entity references.
> I don't think that '#' is valid in an entity reference. Further, I don't
> think you could identify a delimiter character that is valid in an
> entity reference and that is not likely to occur in a name.

hmmm, then i propose that this syntax should be used just to quick var
entries in the document like outputting the section title:

&dtml-document_title;

And in this circumstances, auto html quoting should be very useful.

--
Mauricio Souza Lima <mauricio@hiper.com.br>
Hiperlógica <http://hiper.com.br>