[Zope] Idea: ZTest: Integrated Use-case based web sitetesting.

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:02:21 -0400

David Kankiewicz wrote:

> Having stayed current with all the email in most of the Zope mailing groups
> (about two months) it seems to be one tool that everyone sees as
> future/present solution, depending on ones needs. Most comment that it
> needs this or that, a Scheduler as come up before. Someone said make a web
> page and call the URL from an external program.. Its would be nice to have
> a simple interface to something like this and nicer have management without
> the need to access the underlying system.
>
> I, much like this person, have an over active imagination for zope products
> and would like to at least try my (very new python) hand at creating a
> Scheduler.  (I know anyone could do it a lot faster then me if they had the
> time).

Bold move!  Note that we had the skeletal workings of a Schedule in Zope
1.9, but it was broken and taken out of 1.10.3 until we could one day
resurect it.  Let me know and I'll post the code in my Members folder.
Remember this code is probably non-functional and out-dated.

> As this case points out it could be used to do almost anything, from
> checking to see if everything is working (if someone implemented it) to
> ZCataloging everything not ZCatalogAware on a night/weekly basis (something
> any site might want to do). And every product Zope gets makes it that much
> easier to work within odd situations.

I think is scheduler is a serious tool.  There's a reason why ever good
os comes with one built in.

-Michel