[Zope] Performance of webserver?

Jason Jones jason.jones@awl.com
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 11:04:57 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Christopher Petrilli <petrilli@digicool.com>
To: Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com>; 'Jason Jones'
<jason.jones@awl.com>; <Bill_Seitz@mail.medscape.com>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 1999 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Performance of webserver?

> One licensing note, this would NOT be under our ZServer license however.
> You would need to discuss licensing with Sam Rushing, and it's a bit more
> complex, and definitely not "Open Source".  Our license is specifically
for
> use with the entire Zope framework.

Ok, so let me see if I understand this correctly. ZServer, because it is
based on Medusa, will serve all of the same content that medusa will, but if
I want to serve that content outside of the Zope framework, then I need to
contact Sam for licensing right? I don't however need a ZServer instance
running separately from a Medusa instance like if I was using Apache and
ZServer together right? Or do I?

Thanks,

Jason