[Zope] Problem with new Sybase DA

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:46:26 -0700

Teodor Cimpoesu wrote:

> Gerard Rowe wrote:
> >
> > Yes I do get a shell and I'm even able to import the sy_occ.so module
> > without any errors.
> >
> > What next?
> Try a ltrace (if you have it ) or strace
> like: (in ~Zope)
> # ltrace -f -S -o python.trace ./bin/python z2.py
> or
> # strace -ff -o python.trace ./bin/python z2.py
>
> but be aware that (least w/ ltrace) you will get megs of info :-)
> If you know what to look for (like _init() calls in .so)
> use -e flag for ltrace.
> gl.

I would add that for strace (which should do it), you may want to
redirect output to a file, and look at it in your favourite editor. You
would want to look for opens and writes.

Another idea is to add to s2.py a function printing out the environment.
perhaps it should do this when in debug mode anyway?

Bill

--
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the
Wright brothers.  But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." -- Carl