[Zope] Urgent - server down.

Teodor Cimpoesu teo@digiro.net
Mon, 06 Dec 1999 17:18:05 +0200

chas wrote:

> Well, it's been a nightmare day for Zope on our box.
> Does it self destruct when Data.fs reachs a certain
> size or something ?
>
> It's been running fine for the past 2 months.
> Then today we've been getting these error messages
> almost non-stop :
>
> "Temporarily Unavailable
> The resource you requested is temporarily unavailable - please try again
> later.
> (116) unable to connect, fd=3 "
>
> Alternatively, the server just hangs and doesn't respond
> (but ps -aux shows the process is running).
>
> Since this is a production system, any help
> would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very
> much.
>
> Note : we have made NO configuration changes
> at all on the server in the past week - this
> is totally out of the blue.

I got exactly the same error (except fd=4 :-)  w/o apparent reasons.
What I was doing was repeated starts/stops of the server (I had no idea
of using ZMonitor :) so I was using syslog() to have intermediate debug
points)
Only restarting Linux solved the problem.

--
CIMPOESU Teodor, Web Programmer

@ DIGICOM S.A. Bucharest, Romania
@ Internet, site development