[Zope] using CVS for Zope object stores?

Bjorn Stabell Bjorn Stabell <bjorn@stabell.priv.no>
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 14:12:23 +0800

Guido A.J. Stevens wrote:
> Both of these approaches try to use zope to manipulate cvs data
> structures. I was actually thinking the other way round: of trying to
> use cvs to manipulatie zope data structures. It would be nice if it
> were feasible to expose the ZODB as a filesystem.

One alternative is to look at WebDAV as the interchange protocol.
Both CVS and Zope supposedly support or are going to support WebDAV.
I just don't know to what extent they do that yet.

A problem with this approach is that WebDAV (AFAIK) doesn't support
optimistic locking and delta merges.

Bye,
--
Bjorn Stabell <bjorn@stabell.priv.no>