[Zope] Adding properties to a ZClass with existing instances

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 13:36:23 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999, R. David Murray wrote:
> This has got to be an obvious question with an obvious answer, or
[...]
> I've created a ZClass.  I created a couple of instances.  Now I've
> added some new properties to the ZClass, but when I try to get to
> the manage screen for the existing instances I get an error that
> one of the new properties is not defined.  How do I get the new
> properties to be propagated to the old instances?  I would have thought
> that that would be automatic, so I'm figuring I did something wrong.

Well, it wasn't obvious, but it was obviously wrong.  I had a
property and a multiple-selection variable with almost identical
names and got them confused.  So what was unable to be found was
the multiple-selection variable.  This appears to be because I
defined that property on the ZProduct instead of on the ZClass,
so it was in fact a dumb mistake on my part....

--RDM