[Zope] Problems with XML import / export

Bradley McLean bradm@ne.mediaone.net
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:04:29 -0500

I've got a large number of search-and-replace
style edits to do to many dtml-methods across
several folders.  (I'm changing from a custom
tag I had developed to a standard tag now that
it supports the semantics I need).

This seemed like a great place to do an XML
export, edit the file, and do an import.

Unfortunately, for all but the most trivial
objects, I invariably end up with an XML file
that won't import, always due to the same
error:  <object> tags without id attributes.

For example, I exported a folder that contains
10 dtml-documents, 1 dtml-method, and 6
sql-methods.  Here's an excerpt from the
broken .xml file that zope output:

        <item>
            <value>
              <object>
                <klass>
                  <global id="2132.13" name="Args" module="Shared.DC.ZRDB.Aquedu
ct"/>
                </klass>
                <tuple/>
                <state>
                  <dictionary id="2132.14">

Now, before I did this export, I copy-and-
pasted the contents into a freshly created
folder, and did a database pack.

If I copy one or two objects into another
folder, it will work.  If I delete a lot
of objects (down to one or two), a folder
will work.  If I add back the same objects
by copying them one at a time from another
folder, it seems to work.

Anybody got any clues?  This is making me
crazy.

-Brad