[Zope] MySQL?

Don Undeen dundee@gator.net
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 10:40:25 -0500

More tutes please!

Hello, I just started dealing with Zope, so You'll be seeing a lot of me
here.
I've been building a site with php and Mysql, and am now thinking of
moving it over to Zope. I have some questions about setting this up.
I've got the MySQL server running on another machine that I administer.
I'd like to just install the MySQL client on the Zope machine, ans leave
the database where it is.
Php was nice, because it had MySQL support built in. Now I have to
install some modules (or are they called products? I'm having trouble
with the semantics) to get Zope to talk to MySQL, right? I've seen a
couple different modules that say "MySQL (or mySQL)," and I don't know
what modules I need, or how they have to be set up to talk to a MySQL
server on another machine.
Are there folks out there writing tutorials for just this sort of thing?
It seems like the sort of thing that Zope is made for (big site
mangaement with databases, all opensource code) If I could see some
examples, it would help me along nicely towards groking this whole
thing.
Do these questions mean I'm not ready for Zope yet?
BTW- I kinda like my php pages, is there a way to integarate them with
the Zope system? That would be killer.
Thanks and I look forward to your responses,
Don Undeen
zope@thechairs.net