[Zope] ZDiscussions & SiteAccess

tonyr@ep.newtimes.com tonyr@ep.newtimes.com
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 15:32:17 -0700

Has anyone else been attempting to use ZDiscussions in conjunction with
SiteAccess?

Here is the problem I am having:

Problem Description:
--------------------
When I add discussion item from Virtual Hosted URLs the discussion item
adds to discussion but ZDiscussions.children() method returns None for
those items.  This is not the case for items added via non VirtualHosted
URLs, same discussion just different access path.

When I add ZDiscussion Items via VirtualHost the items appear to be
there in the /manage screens but yet the children function shows None
for each of these thus the ZDiscussion index_html is all messed up.

Upon further investigation the culprit appears to be the ablolute_url
function in conjunction with SiteAccess and ZCatalog.  The entries in
ZCatalog show:
  /feedback/1999-12-16/film.html for the "broken" entries done via
VirtualHost
  /city/feedback/1999-12-16/film.html for the functional entries

Upon still fruther investigation this problems also accures in the
ZCache product when used under SiteAccess.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I really am trying to make this work.

--
tonyr@ep.newtimes.com