[Zope] [Q] About sessions and Zope

Shaw, Howard ShawH@STHS.org
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 07:19:10 -0600

Everitt's suggestion is good, but I suspect that you will probably have
to write an External Method to automatically create and enter the
session...

Go to lib/python/Products/OFSP/Session.py and browse the source for the
functions and their parameters. In particular, on the Folder object you
have created you need to execute .manage_addSession, then

For example, if I was in the parent folder which will contain your newly
created Folder, my DTML might call:
	<!--#var newSession(PARENTS[0],folder)-->
where 'folder' is obtained from a form, and PARENTS[0] is the
form-response's immediate parent (i.e. the containing folder), and
newSession is an External Method something like this:

def newSession(parent,foldername):
	parent.manage_addFolder(foldername)
	current=getattr(parent,foldername) #now current is 'inside' the
new folder
	current.manage_addSession('session_id','ActiveSession')
	current=getattr(current,'session_id')
	current.enter()
	return 'some DTML snippet'