[Zope] - editing with Composer hoses ZopeHTTPServer

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Fri, 08 Jan 1999 14:12:58 -0800

At 04:43 PM 1/8/99 -0500, John Mitchell wrote:

>I've just started playing with Zope.  It rocks, but I've found a bug.
>When I edited and published a doc with Netscape Composer, the webserver
>locked up -- hitting anything on the server would just spin.

This is a known bug and is mentioned in the CHANGES.txt file. Basically
ZopeHTTPServer does not support PUT. PCGI *does* support PUT, so if you
want to use PUT now, use PCGI. In the future, Zope will use Medusa, and
that will support PUT, and lots of other goodies like FTP!

>I'd *love* to show off Zope plus Composer to the higher-ups, but right now
>it would be .. inadvisable :)

Just show it off with PCGI.

-Amos