[Zope] - Zope+Apache

Michel Pelletier michel@albert.digicool.com
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 11:37:47 -0500 (EST)

Greetings Zopers,

I am putting together a new version of Zap, the Zope plus Apache package.
I'm also expanding on the current Zap documentation to try and cover all
the problems you've had in the past.  If you have a working Zope plus
Apache implimentation, I'd like the hear from you on the following points:

What version of Apache are you using?

Is your mod_rewrite staticly compiled in or dynamicly loaded?

What part of the Zope+Apache installation and configuration process gave
you the most grief?

Could you, at your option, send me the _relevant_ portions of your
httpd.conf file?  After studying them I will delete them, and no-one else
will see them.

For those of you who DON'T use Zope and Apache:

Would you use Zap if it was proven to be stable and easy, or would you
stick with your current setup? (ZopeHTTPServer, Medusa, etc..)

If you would consider switching to Zap, would you use it for production or
just Zope prototyping?

For everybody:

If Zope and Zap were packaged in RPM format, what installation path would
you like to see it in?  Do you think an /etc/rc.d/init/zope file would be
handy?

Please send all replies to michel@digicool.com, make sure NOT to cc
the list, especialy if you attach your httpd.conf file.

Michel Pelletier
(michel@digicool.com)