[Zope] - making Zope stop inserting a BASE HREF tag?

Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:51:57 +1100

Hey there,

I've got a Zope running under ZopeHTTPServer on an NT4 box - for
some reason it keeps inserting a BASE href into the HTML it sends
back. For various reasons, this box's name is not what it's really
known as - it's proxied in wierd and wonderful ways.

For example, the following DTML (from standard_html_header)
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>
<!--#var title_or_id-->
</TITLE></HEAD><BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">

gives this:

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Zope</TITLE> <base href="http://TSWITCH:9673/">
</HEAD><BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">

It looks like some code in ZPublisher/Response.py is responsible -
is there an easy way to fix this, short of taking an adze to that
section of code? I don't _really_ want to hardcode a base - just to
let the HTML go straight through, and let the browser figure it out
itself.

Thanks,
Anthony
--