[Zope] - ANNOUNCE: ExternalLink product

The Dragon De Monsyne dragondm@delta.integral.org
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:35:14 -0600 (CST)

	Well, I've been having fun poking around Zope, and whilst
learning, I came up with a simple,but usefull Zope product, ExternalLink.

	It's used to represent hyperlink,  and is usefull for linklists.
It:
    - can check links
    - also keeps track of statistics on the remote document (size,
          mimetype & last modified date)
    - can count click-thrus
    - has a facility for batch creation of ExternalLink objects  by
        uploading a simple textfile

  And it includes a ZPublisher.Client script runnable from a
cronjob to automate  link checking (when the script runs, it does the
actual contacting of the remote server itself to avoid blocking the
Zope server)

	So, get it, use it, love it :>

http://www.integral.org/~dragondm/python/ExternalLink.tar.gz

	-The Dragon De Monsyne