[Zope] - Re: XML-RPC

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:58:57 +0000

Paul Everitt wrote:

> Skip wrote:
> > Still, a URI plus a content type should be enough to decide
> > you're going to
> > be processing an XML-RPC request, right?  Presumably you
> > won't have the same
> > combination of URI and content type meaning two completely
> > different things.
>
> If someone does an HTTP file upload of a .xml file, and something in the
> client's system (operating system, browser config) associates .xml
> extensions with a content type of text/xml, then you would have a clash.
> No?

No, because the XML document would be a part in a multi-part body,
so the body part would not be text/xml.  The most likely conflict would
be a PUT, but the xml-rpc only applies to POST and POSTing an xml
document is reasonably unlikely, which is why I'm only mildly
annoyed by the broad mime type.

Jim

Technical Director   (540) 371-6909              Python Powered!

repeats.