[Zope] - OO paradigm

Michael Bernstein mbernstein@profitscape.net
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:22:56 -0800

Gabe Wachob wrote:

> Paulo Eduardo Neves wrote:
>

> Wouldn't a simple change (don't even know if its needed) involving the
> way the ORB works be enough?
>
> A simple way to do this: you write a folderish object that is able to
> "intercept" ORB requests to its children and can process the URL
> invocation itself? Perhaps by rewriting and redispatching the request?
> Wouldn't that be enough?
>
> e.g.:
>
> http://www.mysite.com/redirector/chinese/welcome
> http://www.mysite.com/redirector/english/welcome
> http://www.mysite.com/redirector/esperanto/welcome

Sorry, I tried to understand what you were saying but I didn't get it.
Could you explain in a bit more detail? I am trying to come up with a
general solution to multi-dimensional information spaces, rather than a
solution to a specific instance.

BTW, as I state in another post, I do not consider myself a programmer,
but an Information Architect. I am hoping that these ideas are
interesting enough for someone to implement.

Michael Bernstein.