[Zope] - ANNOUNCE: ZServer alpha 1

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:59:17 -0800

Digital Creations is pleased to announce the availability of ZServer 1.0a1.

http://www.zope.org/Download/ZServer/

This is the fabled Zope/Medusa integration and supports HTTP and FTP
publishing! Have at it; enjoy it, break it, tell me what's wrong.

Please remember that this is an alpha release. It seems to work reasonably
well for me, but you may have problems. I am especially interested in how
different FTP clients deal with the FTP server.

Also please note that the interface for FTP support in Zope is preliminary.
Please don't write FTP support for your Zope products and then complain
when the FTP interface changes ;-) (The good news is that for most Products
you will only need to write one or two methods to support FTP.)

Have fun.

-Amos

P.S. Don't forget that many questions about this project are answered in
the ZServer architecture document:

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Reference/ZServer/