[Zope] - Re: [XML-SIG] RE: [Zope] - XML-style DTML code

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:49:06 -0500 (EST)

Christopher G. Petrilli writes:
 > So my implementation of the <?ztml ... ?> is acceptable under XML
 > guidelines?  That was how I interpreted it, but gods only know!

  (I didn't catch any of the discussion before Andrew CC'd the
XML-SIG, so I think I'm missing some of the context here.)
  What you probably want to do is to pass an example that uses the PI
syntax in all situations that you intend to support (including in
attribute values if you want that), and pass it through a validating
parser.  If it complains, you'll know what's broken.  If it doesn't,
then go ahead and use it.  I'd rather see PI syntax used over comment
syntax for either SGML or XML for this sort of processing.

 > My head just exploded Thank you Very Much :-)

  You're welcome.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191