[Zope] .log parser

bruce@perens.com bruce@perens.com
6 Jul 1999 04:52:28 -0000

You can't tell how _long_ they looked at the page, in general, because your
server only knows when they download the page. I suppose you could do an
ugly Java or JavaScript hack to tell you when a user is finished with your
page, but the overhead would be excessive for the information gained.

I'd hope that Zserver puts out its logs in the Apache common log file format,
or can be made to do so. I've not tried it yet. Try Webalizer. It's an
_Open_Source_ web log analyzer. See http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer . It works
excellently on my (Apache) site.

I have written a Python script to drive Webalizer to analyze all of
the virtual web sites on your system. This script hopefully is in the
"contributed" directory of the webalizer distribution, if not you can
download it from ftp://ftp.perens.com/pub/WebLogAnalyzerDriver .

	Thanks

	Brce