[Zope] Requirement for 2.0

interrante@yahoo.com interrante@yahoo.com
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:56:05 -0700

Hi,

I have been using Zope in a small scale within my organization for
since things went opensource and I really like the tool, and the ease
in which I can manage content.

However, I would like to state that for the user base to expand
significantly 2.0 needs to be very easy to install on a hosted website
(http://www.hiway.com/) .  This is where most of the new sites are
coming from (check out the information from www.netcraft.com)  People
with hosted accounts have apache and cgi and want a trivial way to set
up and get content online (Frontpage does a good job here).  Please
consider this a *massive* potential audience for this tool and build
simple configuration scripts, yada, yada, that make this a trivial
task.  Comments?

Mark Interrante