[Zope] formatting date values.

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 22:09:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 24 Jul 1999, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> hi everyone,
>
> this looks pretty analogous to my earlier question about formatting monetary
> values using the european decimal-comma notation. maybe andreas could dig
> into DT_Var.py as well and insert a formatting function... ;)
That's trivial. I'm more concerned about ``doing it right'', especially as
I've heard, there are people dealing with i8n already ;)

Hmm, what formats would need ``localization''?

Just an idea: What about a product, that replaces the formats to be
localized with a special version. This version would then decide based on
Acquisition on a "country" property, which version to display. This way, a
product like Confera would automagically display date values correctly for
the given area of a website.

> by the way, i *still* don't know how to access a page that contains a tree
> and keep that tree "synched", or in my case just have the single chapter
> "open". there should be something i can pass along into the document,
> shouldn't there?
Hmmm, I think I know what you mean. You want to make sure, that if you
display /some/path, then the entry of /some/path in the tree is opened,
and not folder. But sorry, I admit, I don't know how to do it :(

Andreas
--
Andreas Kostyrka                     | andreas@mtg.co.at
phone: +54/1/7070750                 | phone: +43/676/4091256