[Zope] Pilot?

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:35:27 -0400

On 27 Jul 99, at 17:07, Ty Sarna wrote:

> > Do you think it'd be wortwhile to "genericize" the zope backend (ToDo,
> > Address, Calendar, Backup, Memopad) such that both Palm and
> > Windows CE devices could use it?
>
> I don't know. Possibly. It depends rather a lot on the internal data
> format of ToDo, Address, etc on CE, which I don't know anything about.
> Even if they're similar in outward appearance, it's possible that the
> internals are different enough to make supporting both hard. I'm
> certainly interesting in finding out, though!

I think that vCard would resolve address and calendar stuff. Perhaps a
"toDo" could be stored as a specially formatted vCard calendar entry.. ?

> > Can we talk?
>
> Sure. I'm not going to be able to work on this stuff again for a month
> or two probably, though...

Thats ok, kind of fits my timeline too.

-B

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937