[Zope] Newbie Q: How to timestamp documents?

James W.Y.F. Chan jwyfchan@yahoo.com
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:16:29 -0400

Hello,

I'm struggling to learn Zope 1.10.3 running on my Debian Linux 2.2.10 box. I
have a few questions:

Issue 1. How do I get Zope to timestamp my modified document?
From the User Guides I've downloaded, I can do this within a document to
call on the "Id" or the "title" of a document:

<!--#var id_or_title-->

But I understand I am unable to use the "Last Modified" or "Size" properties
from my workspace. It would be nice if I could do something like this in my
documents:

Last modified on <!--#var last_modified-->.

What is the workaround for this?

Issue 2. Am I the only one to see that the keyword search function for the
archived mailing list is sort of useless?
I prefer a more powerful engine considering the question above is a simple
question for most of you here.

Issue 3. Are there any better documentation guides than the user guides
posted on the Zope site?
Of course I am generalizing here but I see the biggest problem with Open
Source software is that the documentation seems to be lacking. Unless
someone gets in early with the software development, the learning curve for
simpletons like us are quite long.

Thanks,
-james-