[Zope] Newbie Q: How to timestamp documents?

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 19:43:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, James W.Y.F. Chan wrote:

> Issue 3. Are there any better documentation guides than the user guides
> posted on the Zope site?
> Of course I am generalizing here but I see the biggest problem with Open
> Source software is that the documentation seems to be lacking. Unless
> someone gets in early with the software development, the learning curve for
> simpletons like us are quite long.
Well there is the ZDP, that is writing ZBook. Basically, ZOPE is
``difficult'', because it does have a complete different philosophy than
most other Websolutions.

IMHO, to understand ZOPE completely, one should
-) know fairly well Python,
-) have seen the components of Zope in seperate action,
-) experience in thinking different ;)

Well it's just my opinion, but I do notice, that most often the best C
programmers tend to know at least one assembly language ;)

Yes, somehow ZOPE does lack a bit of documentation. But then, you do get
the Python source code, which is often combined with the power file
utilities Unix provides (grep, xargs, find, diff, etc.), the best
reference. Well it helps to be able to read Python and potentially C (for
the more convulated questions).

Andreas
--
Andreas Kostyrka                     | andreas@mtg.co.at
phone: +54/1/7070750                 | phone: +43/676/4091256