[Zope] Zope/Apache Authentication problem again!

Chuck Mead chuck@moongroup.com
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 02:39:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, hcsccs@prudential.com.my spewed into the bitstream:

> Hi all. Refering to Chuck Mead's Zope/Apache HOW-TO email, I found it very useful. Thanks for taking the effort and I'm sure it will not be wasted.
>
> I have Red Hat 5.2 with Apache 1.3.6. Anyway, I have a few problems following the instructions.
> - I can't execute htpasswd command. Why so??

Logged in as root... yes?  Do a "locate htpasswd" and make sure it's in your
path.

> - Can I not use srm.conf? Can I just put the code <Location> ... </Location> into httpd.conf?

I did it the way I wrote it up exactly and it worked... if you stray from the
path YMMV!  Heck YMMV anyway!?!

> - Can I put the Rewrit

What do you mean here?

Cheers!