[Zope] Zope to the rest of the world?

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom.deprez@village.uunet.be
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 13:02:49 +0200

Hi All,

Just visited Siemens Atea, it's learning centre.

Great things there, among some thingies which can be interested for all of
you, including DC.

1) They use an application of Horizon to give there lessons etc. Looks nice.
Anybody creating something like to work in corporation with Zope?

2) They were making a sort of knowledge base themselfs.... :

Coaches could make there own folders and give other people possibility to
add articles, or there own folders into the database (relational).
Coaches create a hierarchical structure of topics in folders.
  Per folder a mailing list exist (concerning the topic)
  Per folder a news group exist
  Per folder a place exists where people can put video, presentations etc...

Doesn't this sound very familiar?

If we put Zope, Portal Toolkit and Squishdot together......?

I find it interesting, but also pitty that other companies are creating
there own tools for this... I think this is because they don't know about
Zope....
DC, what about making some more commercial outside America? Europe for
instance? Giving lectures, .... I 'm not sure, but I think little people in
Europe know of Zope and it's many capabilities. Any ideas or interest in
this? Someone?

Tom.