[Zope] problem with tutorial?

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 18:13:27 +0200

This is an interesting problem, which I struggled with for a few long
dreary hour myself.

It seems that manage_changeProperties doesn't exist in the Z Class
instance itself, and is thus acquired from its parent (the folder). At
least that's how I analyze the behaviour.

The "workaround for this bug" or "correct way of doing things" (pick a
one; I don't know which it is):

	<!--#call
"propertysheets.CDProperties.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)"-->

Substitute CDProperties for the name of your property sheet.

It seems to me that manage_changeProperties ought to implemented on Z
Classes, as you might not always know which property sheet to address.
In most cases, I think, you'll just want to say "put all these
properties using the property sheets they belong to".

Anybody at DC listening? I already posted a message a week back or so on
this topic, and nobody responded (at least that I am aware).

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"`Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.'"