[Zope] New version of mod_pcgi

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 21:43:58 -0400 (EDT)

Oleg Broytmann writes:
>   Then I tried to edit a DTML document and pressed "Change". Zope failed,
>Apache sent and browser displayed "Internal server error" and Zope
>disappeared from memory, leaving zombie process.

Eek, you're right; the Apache child dumps core.  Luckily, the fix is
simple.  Edit mod_pcgi.c, and around line 419, change this line:

            int rsize, len_read, rpos;
            int rsize, len_read, rpos = 0;

Stupid forgotten initialization...

This is not a technical issue so much as a human issue; we are limited and so
is our time. (Is this a bug or a feature of time? Careful; trick question!)
    -- Fred Drake on the Documentation SIG, 9 Sep 1998