[Zope] Connecting Zope to Sybase: Linux or Irix ?

Paul Jackson pj@sam.engr.sgi.com
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:40:14 -0800

I'm just beginning with Zope, and just beginning with a
project to develop some new software product management
(bug tracking and such) tools for use within Silicon
Graphics (SGI).

Zope appears to be an excellent fit for many of our
needs.

I will need to connect with an existing large Sybase
database (the existing bug data).

I can freely choose to use either Linux or Irix for
the server side operating system.

From which server O.S. would it be easiest to get Zope
connected to Sybase?  Something I read on www.zope.org
led me to suspect that I should use Irix, so that I
can use our Sybase licensed library, and that Linux
wouldn't work, because of a lack of the needed library.

Is that so?  Any other obvious factors that I should
consider in this choice?

I won't rest till it's the best ...	   Software Production Engineer
Paul Jackson (pj@sgi.com; pj@usa.net) 3x1373 http://sam.engr.sgi.com/pj