[Zope] An interim solution for the FAQ

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 02:40:21 -0500 (EST)

Zopistas

Until the SGML experts develop the FAQ format here is an interim
solution:

I have set up a Zope FAQ site at:
http://www.gaaros.com:9673/FAQ

<FAQ>
<SECTION>FAQ Related</SECTION>
<QUESTION>How can one contribute to the FAQ?</QUESTION>
<ANSWER><![CDATA[
To contribute to the FAQ you just have to send e-mail to me or to the
Zope list and include the word FAQ somewhere in the subject.
In the body of your e-mail message you should include (somewhere) an
XMLish faq entry as below:
<FAQ>
<SECTION>FAQ Related</SECTION>
<QUESTION>How can one contribute to the FAQ?</QUESTION>
<ANSWER>Answer One</ANSWER>
<Answer>Answer Two</Answer>
</FAQ>

Tag case is not important.<QUESTION> <Question> and <question> are all
equivalent as long as starting and ending tags match.  If you want to
include DTML or HTML in your answers or questions you need to include the
ugly CDATA directive. If there is an error in the formating of your entry
the parsing will fail and your entry will not be uploaded, but the entry
will be logged. Structured Text is not supported because of the problems
that Martijn Faassen discussed on the Zope List.

If the section or question already exist in the FAQ then the entries
will be appended to the already existing ones, otherwise the new
categories will be created.]]></ANSWER>

<question>How can I download the whole FAQ?</question>
<answer>The whole FAQ can be exported
by clicking on the "Export FAQ" in the navigation margin.</answer>

<section>DTML Scripting</section>
<question>How do I pass a non-form variable to the next requested
URL?</question>
<answer><![CDATA[
Use Hidden fields within the form:
    <input type="hidden" name="varname" value="<!--#var varname-->">]]></answer>
</FAQ>

If everything works ok this e-mail will make the first entry to the
FAQ!

Pavlos