[Zope] Python neccessary to work with Zope?

Milos Prudek prudek@sol.cz
Fri, 05 Mar 1999 20:14:01 +0100

I'm new to Zope. I'm very excited about it's potential, but my first
impression is that I will need to master Python in order to use it. I
believe Python is an excellent language, but I do not have the time to
learn it. Several questions about this:

- Can I achieve anything useful in Zope without touching Python? I can
learn DTML, of course.

- if so, what I can and what I cannot do without Python?

- could I, for instance, do something like slashdot.org without Python?

- is there a plan to give Zope features (or ready-made
modules/factories) that would completely eliminate the need to work with
Python (for certain tasks that can be automated or turned into
templates)?

--
Milos Prudek